9 Fast Facts about Blackheads & Whiteheads
9 Fast Facts about Blackheads & Whiteheads
Hi There! Let’s talk about our common enemy, after all the saying “keep your friends close and your enemies closer” is true! Plot twist is we get to know them closely in order to eliminate them, and of course we’re talking about blackheads & whiteheads. Who Else?
First things first, Blackheads are small and dark lesions that appear on top of the skin most commonly on the nose area also known as open comedones are follicles that have a wider than normal opening that cause enlargement of pores, Whiteheads are usually smaller than blackheads, they are a type of acne. Oil and dirt on the skin cause clogged pores so the skin forms on top of them. Moral of the story is, these need to be removed.
Keep reading for 12 fast facts about blackheads & Whiteheads.
1. THE MEDICAL TERM FOR A BLACKHEAD IS “OPEN COMEDO.”
The word comedo comes from the Latin word for gluttony, and, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, was “a name formerly given to worms which devour the body.” It's been used since 1866 to refer to what we colloquially call blackheads, which C. H. Fagge described that year in On diseases of the skin, including the exanthemata as “A small worm-like yellowish black-tipped pasty mass which can in some people be made, by pressure, to exude from hair follicles.”
2. THEY’RE NOT BLACK BECAUSE THEY'RE DIRTY.
It's because the debris inside the pore has been exposed to air. It’s oxidized, and it turns the darker color ( Blackheads) . Closed comedones, because they’re sealed on top, remain white (Whiteheads).
3. THEY TEND TO TURN INTO PIMPLES
This can be explained easily as pimples result from clogged pores and having blackheads usually assumes having clogged pores as well. So, if you deal with blackheads make sure you get rid of them as soon as possible in order to prevent them from turning into pimples! Or Whiteheads from getting harder to remove.
4. THEY TEND TO APPEAR AGAIN
Okaaaay, one of the worst things about blackheads and whiteheads is that after being treated and expectedly removed they can easily come back. What a consistent enemy! So, even after you get rid of them you need to make sure you keep your hair follicles clear and control your skin’s oil production and engage in a skincare routine that matches your skin type.
5. TREATMENTS FOR BLACKHEADS
• Some products that can be used to extract blackheads are salicylic acid which cleans out the pores with time and benzoyl peroxide which helps to kill the bacteria. These products will help to dry out and remove oils and dead skin from your pores after using the Hydrobloom to clean your skin from these stubborn heads
• Exfoliating is also another way to remove bacteria and clogged pores from your skin. However it is not recommended for sensitive skin, Using a small brush or face wash with salicylic acid and gently washing your face can help reduce the formation of blackheads.
• Using retinoids is effective when it comes to treating whiteheads and blackheads. If you have mild acne and only black or whiteheads using only retinoids can be efficient. Using retinoids together with antimicrobials may be great, though, for people who have both non-inflammatory and inflammatory blemishes!
6. TREATMENTS FOR WHITEHEADS
• Leave it alone. One of the best but not loved treatments for whiteheads is to leave it be. Trying to pop it, squeeze it, or picking at it can leave scars or in rare cases skin infections. Or you can get a hydrodermabrasion treatment to properly remove the dirt at your salon, or save yourself money, hassle and time by using the Hydrobloom device to clean your impurities at home.
• The topical treatment of benzoyl peroxide can prevent future breakouts and get rid of the bacteria that is already on the skin. This can be done alone or with other treatments and can work as fast as five days using the proper tools.
• Tea Tree oil is another effective treatment for comedonal acne. Some studies show that tea tree oils are perfect for clearing the skin if some antibacterial treatments are resisted.
7. SOME FACTORS THAT MIGHT BE CAUSING WHITEHEADS & BLACKHEADS TO FORM ARE:
• the blocking or covering pores by cosmetics for long wearing hours and clothing
• heavy sweating and a non-proper hygiene
• shaving improperly and other activities that open the hair follicles
• high humidity and grease in the immediate environment
• some health conditions might summon whiteheads and blackheads, such as stress, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
• medications that encourage rapid skin cell turnover without proper cleaning
• use of some steroid-based drugs, such as corticosteroids
8. MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT BLACKHEADS & WHITEHEADS
There are some common misconceptions about whiteheads and blackheads . Understanding what can and can’t cause acne is important for getting rid of them. The following factors have little to no effect on acne:
• Excessive washing and scrubbing doesn’t prevent whiteheads & blackheads.
• Dirt doesn’t cause direct acne.
• Washing your face too hard can irritate the skin and worsen existing acne, you should use the proper tools to clean your skin.
• Greasy foods don’t cause acne! Eat away.
9. WHY IS HYDRODERMABRASION USING HYDROBLOOM IS YOUR HOLY GRAIL!
Hydrodermabrasion works very much like microdermabrasion, because it uses a rough tip to break up the skin's surface, and a vacuum sucks away the debris, however Truebloom came up with a device that contains soft rubber tips to ensure the satisfaction of both sensitive, dry skin & oily, combination skin.
Hydrodermabrasion utilizes the natural healing power of water and oxygen to easily remove skin keratin without the use of hard crystals or abrasive textured wands, resulting in deep moisturizing and healthy skin for every skin type! The first stage of the hydrodermabrasion treatment is the exfoliation of the epidermis, removing the dead skin on the surface of the skin. The second stage is moisturizing the epidermis to achieve moisturizing effect.
This is a great way to reduce wrinkles and visually rejuvenate facial skin and most importantly get rid of Whiteheads and blackheads. Hydrodermabrasion using the Hydrobloom device is a method that does not cause any pain and does not leave scars, you don't have to worry about any security issues at all.
The Hydrodemabrasion facial procedure is suitable for each skin type, including thin or aging skin, ethnic skin, and dry skin or oily skin.
Check Out HydroBloom by Clicking HERE